|Frequently Asked Questions|
1. Is there a fee to join the Network?Not at this time.
2. What type of organizations may join the network?Organizations that agree with and are willing to uphold the mission and values of the CJNY through the work of their organization.
CJNY's Core Purpose
To protect and improve the lives of youth of color, poor children and their communities by ensuring fairness and equity throughout all public and private youth serving systems.
Values. We believe:
1. Children cannot be rehabilitated when housed in cages.
2. All young people deserve to be treated equally and fairly by the systems that serve them.
3. All young people have a voice that should be heard and included in the decision-making processes that impact their lives.
4. To protect and improve the lives of young people of color and poor children we must intentionally engage their communities.
5. Most young people in trouble with the law are best served by alternatives to incarceration.
6. The process of making change and achieving fairness and equity for youth of color and poor children must be one that is intentionally inclusive of many voices and opinions by convening traditional adversaries and creating an environment that is respectful of divergent views.
7. When young people of color and poor children are provided with sufficient resources, guidance, support, safety, and positive interventions, they can fulfill their potential as contributing members of their communities.
8. A data-driven approach is essential to address systemic issues that involve race.
4. Can I join the network as an individual?
You must join as an organization, but if you have left the organization you originally joined the network with and still want to be part of CJNY, we recommend:
5. If my organization becomes a member, what is expected of us?
6. How can I donate to support CJNY's work?